Monday, June 7, 2010

(The) Sweeter (Song) Virtual 7"


More Lockettes stuff. Here's a virtual 7" of the song "Sweeter" although, I now refer to this as 'The Sweeter Song'. I later donated the smoking hot guitar riff to the rock band I play in. All the Lockettes songs are mostly about high school and what goes on there, kind of why I didn't think it fit the vibe of the DS stuff.

It's backed with a Lockettes demo of a song called "Telling Me Why". The story behind the b-side being a 'demo' is that I got my casio keyboard (that can be heard all over my earlier stuff) back at my apartment for a few days, but didn't have the drum machine around. So I'm using the drums on the keyboard and playing the keyboard at the same time. And then I never really felt like re-recording it because once I got the drum machine back, the keyboard was off to be used in a studio.

we could get away
I was thinking maybe Sweden
But wouldn't it be sweeter
if we stayed?

Sweeter b/w Telling Me Why (demo) - Virtual 7"


Update on Distant Shores stuff: working on a new album got a handful of songs. Expect drum machine as well as real drums and hella harmonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment